Maths and Further Maths Double Option at Sleaford Joint Sixth form
Course Content and Skills Required
The skills required are as for A-level mathematics, only more so!
Six modules (three for AS and 3 for A2), taken from the following list:
* Pure Mathematics (FP1, FP2, FP3)
* Mechanics (M3, M4)
* Statistics (S1, S2) It can, and sometimes is, taken as an AS course only (any three modules).
* Unit tests may be used along with homework tasks to assess students’ work
* Assessment is by six end of module examinations each of 1 1/2 hours in duration
* All our examinations are with the OCR Exam board • There is no coursework requirement Assessment is totally by examination with a 1 1/2 hour paper for each module.
* A level Mathematics is a demanding course and experience has proved that a grade B at GCSE is the absolute minimum required. Indeed, an A or A* is the recommended pre-requisite for this course.
* Success at GCSE is no guarantee of success at AS/A level. Core Mathematics makes up over 65% of the A level so it is imperative that students embarking on this course have a good understanding of Algebra and Trigonometry.
* FURTHER MATHEMATICS: An A grade in Mathematics at GCSE is essential, indeed an A* is the usual entry grade for this course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sleaford Joint Sixth form directly.