Barbering Level 2 Certificate at North Hertfordshire College
Our hair, beauty and holistic therapy courses include lots of opportunities for you to get hands-on experience of the world of work, including:
- Work experience with businesses like Champney’s, Dermalogica, Aqua-Sana, Centre Parcs and Wella.
- The opportunity to help run Hart Salon, working with real, paying customers
- Visits to businesses and major events such as Salon International, Pro Hair Live, Baber UK, Victoria & Albert Museum and Professional Beauty Show
- Workshops including hair extension workshops, Wella London workshop, The Henna Mehadi workshop and Stone Therapy workshop.
NHC courses give you the knowledge and confidence to land your dream career in the world of hair, beauty and holistic therapies. Knowledgeable tutors will train you on courses related to:
- Gents’ barbering: Our courses will provide you with the expertise in the basic aspects of gent’s barbering. The course includes cutting, styling, facial beard shaping and consultation, and health and safety. Additionally, you’ll develop retailing and reception skills, and learn how to promote future products and services to enhance the growth of the business. You’ll be equipped to enter the industry with all the essential knowledge required for a successful career in barbering, having developed your wider communication and commercial skills.
Through this course you’ll learn about:
- Basic cutting techniques
- Clipper cutting
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Facial hair.
- Four GCSEs at Grade D or above to include English and mathematics. Students need to have a keen interest in the hairdressing sector and enjoy working as part of a team
- A successful interview and initial assessment of English and mathematics.
- A professional reference.
- Four GCSEs grade D or above, including English and maths, and a keen interest in the hairdressing sector
This course is assessed through assignments, projects, practical and online tests. You’ll only sit exams if you’re also doing maths or English GCSE or functional skills.
Price on application.
There are no tuition fees for students aged 16-18 years.
If you are over 18, please speak to a client advisor.
Possible charges for any trips, visits, materials and uniform if required offered during the year will be independent of the tuition fees or any other student finance. Financial help may be available for these costs, please contact Student Services for more information.
- Level 2 Diploma in Women’s Hairdressing
- Various level 2 awards in hairdressing
- Paid employment in the sector
Please visit our website for further information - www.nhc.ac.uk
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Hertfordshire College directly.