Physical Education - GCSE (Short Course) at Challenge College
All GCSE specifications in Physical Education should encourage students to be inspired, moved and changed by following a broad, coherent, satisfying and worthwhile course of study and to develop an awareness and appreciation of their own and others cultures in relation to physical education. They should encourage creativity and decision-making skills to enable learners to plan effectively for performances and to respond to changing situations. They should prepare learners to make informed decisions about further learning opportunities and career choices.
All GCSE specifications in Physical Education must enable students to:
- become increasingly physically competent through being actively engaged in a range of physical activities
- become increasingly effective in their performance in different types of physical activity and roles such as player/participant, leader and official
- develop their ability to engage independently and successfully in the processes of different types of physical activity
- develop and maintain their involvement in physical activity as part of a healthy active lifestyle.
Edexcels GCSEs in Physical Education approach this by addressing Physical Education in two parts:
- the theory of physical education
- performance in physical education.
Students will develop their knowledge and understanding of healthy, active lifestyles.
Students will develop their skills relating to performance including practical skills and skills required to analyse performance.
- The Theory of Physical Education
- Performance in Physical Education
No entry requirements
- Task-based controlled assessment
- Written Examination
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Challenge College directly.