Nails Services Level 2 at Achievement Training Ltd
The hairdressing, beauty and personal grooming industry continue to grow and is thought to worth approximately £5.25 billion per year. It has been estimated that approximately 20% of UK salons have job vacancies and lack of skills for treatments that we offer such as nail art, microdermabrasion, ear candling, self tanning, make-up services, Indian head massage, eyelash perming and non surgical face lifting. Courses start at various times throughout the year and evening courses are also subject to demand. Assistance towards funding of tuition fees is available subject due to status although all learners are required to pay for kit and consumables. Further details are available at induction.
The Beauty Department is continually developing within Achievement Training, having added both Hairdressing and Nail Services in the past couple of years. The facilities include 3 training salons which provide 21 work stations, 1 nail bar with 6 work stations, a Hair Salon with 8 Stations and 2 theory rooms. In addition to this, we have a fully equipped reception area, dispensary and stock room. All salons and the nail bar are professionally equipped to facilitate a realistic working environment for learners. The past couple of months have also seen the Beauty Department have great success in gaining Apprenticeship positions for their learners.
You will cover areas such as:
- Salon reception duties
- Promoting products/services
- Nail art
- Developing effectiveness in the work place
- Provide nail enhancements
- Health and Safety
- A good level of literacy and numeracy (minimum Level 1 or GCSE’s D-G)
- Willingness to learn practical skills as well as the necessary theory to support treatments and enable you to operate correctly
- Willingness to comply with the legislation and polices relating to the salon
- 100% commitment to the course
- A creative/ artistic ability
- Interest in fashion and style
- Continue on to Nail Services Level 3
- Complete a Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification
- Find employment in a specialist nail bar
- Salon work to support beauticians or other therapists by offering nail treatments
- Self Employment
- Consider further training in teaching or working with nail product manufacturing
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Achievement Training Ltd directly.