Quick Hitch at The Construction Skills People Ltd
A quick hitch on an excavator is a latching device that enables attachments to be connected to the dipper arm of the plant and interchanged quickly. An excavator operator may change the bucket on his excavator up to 30 times a day in order to maximise
the machine productivity.
Methods: MANUAL SYSTEM – SEMI-AUTOMATIC SYSTEM – AUTOMATIC SYSTEM
To successfully pass the assessment the operator must be able to:
- Identify the risks associated with quick hitch devices
- Describe the operators legal duties with respect to the use of quick hitches
- Describe and apply safe working practices for the use of quick hitches
- Practically connect and disconnect attachments safely
- Know when and how to conduct visual inspections of the quick hitch equipment
- Maintenance of quick hitch equipment
- Apply the appropriate methods for testing connections
- Realise the importance of following the manufacturer’s specification for use
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Construction Skills People Ltd directly.