Hair and Media Make-Up C&G Level 2 Diploma at Northbrook College Sussex
This course will provide you with the relevant basic skills and knowledge required to work in the make-up industry.
- Brand new state of the art facilities and access to new technology
- This course will give you the opportunity to express your creative ideas
- Professional industry standard kits and equipment
- Cross college expertise from industry specialist
- External trainers and enrichment activities (subject to a small extra cost)
This course is aimed at students who are interested in a future career as a make-up artist and focuses on the principles and practical skills required to work in the make-up industry.
Within this course you will learn about working in beauty related industries, how to follow health & safety in the salon and about client care and communication in beauty related industries. You will also study units on applying make-up, body art design, the art of photographic make-up and eyelash and brow treatments.
Other units include how to create an image based on a theme within the hair & beauty sector, the Art of colouring and dressing hair, making and styling a hair addition and applying skin tanning techniques.
Opportunity to progress to the Theatrical Hair and Media Make Up course at Northbrook's Broadwater campus or the degree course in Make Up and Hair for Theatre and Media at Northbrook's University Centre.
Units and Technical Skills
- Health and Safety
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Client Care and Communication
- Make Up
- Photographic Make Up
- Body Art
- Eye Treatments
- Tanning Services
- The Art of Colouring Hair
- The Art of Dressing Hair
- Make and Style a Hair Addition
- Create a Colour Image (Final piece, fantasy theme 2015 - see images)
To start on this course you need:
At least grade D in GCSE English, Maths and an art or design subject (and appropriate references)
A relevant Level 1 qualification with at least 80% Merit profile, including English and Maths requirements (and appropriate references).
After 1 year at Level 2 you can achieve a Level 2 Diploma in Hair and Media Make-up. This means that you can progress to the Level 3 Diploma in Hair and Media Make-up
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Northbrook College Sussex directly.