Spanish A Level at The Wensleydale School & Sixth Form
- Media (television, advertising, new technologies)
- Popular culture (cinema, music, fashion)
- Health (sport, health and well-being, holidays)
- The family and relationships
- The environment (pollution, energy, protecting the planet)
- The multicultural society (immigration, integration, racism)
- Contemporary social issues (wealth and poverty, crime and punishment, science and technology)
- Two cultural topics chosen from the following: a novel, play or film, the work of an artist, a period of history, a region of Spain or a Spanish-speaking country.
The four language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing are practised through the topics. In addition, your knowledge of Spanish grammar will be perfected so that you achieve a high level of competence. You will have access to text books, online resources and a wide range of authentic materials.
The course would equip you for further study of foreign languages or would give you a highly-prized skill for use in a wide variety of careers. The level of proficiency which students attain by the end of the course should enable them to communicate effectively in Spanish in almost every situation.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Wensleydale School & Sixth Form directly.