A LEVEL ART AND DESIGN at Madeley Academy
WHY ART AND DESIGN?
Art and Design gives you the freedom to express your artistic talents, as you develop your practical skills and the knowledge you will need to progress as an artist, designer or craft person.
The courses aim to provide a broad approach to Art and Desaign where you will be encouraged to use a wide variety of media and materials. If you have a passion for Art and are enthusiastic about this subject and you wish to build upon your previous knowledge and skills, then this course will allow you the opportunity to study Art and Design at University or pursue a successful career in the Arts.
A level Art and Design provides you with opportunities to develop responses to ideas, observations, experiences, environments and cultures in practical, critical and contextual forms.
This course requires you to develop your ability to show a range of skills:
- Independence of mind in developing your own ideas
- An interest and enthusiasm for Art and Design
- The experience of working with a range of media, including traditional and new media and technologies
- An awareness of different roles, functions, audiences and consumers of art and design practice
You will be introduced to a variety of experiences employing a range of media, processes and techniques appropriate to your chosen area of study. You will build upon the knowledge, understanding and skills gained previou8sly but with greater depth of study.
SPECIFIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Students must achieve a minimum of 4 GCSEs Grades A*-C plus English Language and Mathematics at grade 4
- Level 6 or above in GCSE Art and Design or Merit Level in BTEC Level 2 Art and Design or course equivilent
Please contact Madeley Academy for further information.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Madeley Academy directly.