Electrical Installation Level 1 Diploma at Darlington College
This course gives you the opportunity to pick up some core skills and knowledge whilst working towards this Level 1 electrical installation qualification. You then can progress on to the Level 2 Electrical Installation course.
If you have not achieved a C grade or above in English or maths, you will as part of your course be required to work towards this as part of your study programme. You will be given the opportunity to go on work experience at certain times during your course.
To develop your employability opportunities you may also be given enrichment classes. This may focus upon additional qualifications, industrial updating and career preparation.
Core principles include:
- Unit 101 Structure of the construction industry
- Unit 102 Fundamental safe working practices
- Unit 103 Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Unit 104 Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Unit 105 Electrical installation wiring and termination
- Unit 106 Fabrication techniques for electrical installation
- Unit 107 Electrical science and technology
No formal qualifications required. We will request a school or college report and you will attend an interview at the college.
As you study on the course you will fill in a learner workbook which will guide you to completing successfully and you will do assignment work.
You can progress on to the Level 2 course in Electrical Installation or go on to an Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Darlington College directly.