A Level English Literature at Conyers School
AS - Course & Module Description
Coursework (40% of AS grade)
Write two essays on comedy drama.
- Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
- The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
Exam (60% of AS grade)
Write about four texts. Analyse narrative style.
- D H Lawrence Short Stories
- The Kite Runner by Khalid Hosseini
- Tennyson Poems
- Auden Poems
A2 - Course & Module Description
Coursework (20% of A Level grade)
Write two essays:
- One essay compares two books — currently One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest and The Turn of the Screw.
- One essay is on any text of your choice.
Exam (30% of A Level grade)
Write about three texts. Analyse pastoral literature.
- Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh
- As You Like It by William Shakespeare
- Poems by Marvell, Milton, Goldsmith, Collins, Gray and Wordsworth.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Conyers School directly.