Childrens Play, Learning and Development National Award at Monks Walk School
This two year course is suitable for GCSE students or students who have studied the CACHE Certificate who wish to continue in full time education and gain a qualification in the field of Children’s Play, Learning and Development.
The course provides the knowledge and skills required to work with young children. Particular emphasis is placed on observation, assessment skills and reflective practice, which are valued highly by employers and higher education institutions.
There are six compulsory units:
- Child Development (1hr 45 mins exam)
- Play and Learning (internally set assignment)
- Meeting Children’s Physical Development, Physical Care and Health Needs (internally set assignment)
- Health and Safety Practice in Early Years’ Settings (internally set assignment)
- Safeguarding In Early Years (internally set assignment)
- Observation, Assessment and Planning Years (internally set assignment)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Monks Walk School directly.