ICT A Level at Pensby High School
The AQA ICT course consists of four units. The qualification is an A2 qualification.
It provides an in depth look at ICT and its uses in the world in which we live.
You will complete the following units:
- Unit 1: Practical problem solving in the digital world (Info 1)
- Unit 2: Living in the digital world (Info 2)
- Unit 3: The Use of IT in the Digital World (Info 3)
- Unit 4: Coursework: Practical Issues Involved in the Use of ICT in the Digital
- World (Info 4)
At least a Grade C in ICT at GCSE level or an equivalent qualification such as DIDA or BTEC level 2 plus four other GCSEs (or equivalent) graded C or above.
- Info 1 will be assessed through practical work which you will then take into the examination. The questions in the examination will relate to the work that you have produced.
- Info 2 is assessed through an examination paper based on work that you have completed and discussed throughout the course.
- Info 3 is assessed through examination
- Info 4 is assessed through coursework
If you are successful in passing the AS ICT you may wish to study the full A2 ICT course Or on successful completion of your AS/A2 ICT you will gain UCAS points that can be used to contribute towards finding opportunities for further study in higher education or alternatively employment within the computer industry.
The AS/A2 ICT has UCAS points ascribed to it.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Pensby High School directly.