Entry Level 2 Diploma in Skills for Working Life - Introduction to Land-Based Learning at Hadlow College
Designed for students who are currently working at Entry Level with an interest in the land-based sector, this course will develop the skills and knowledge required for higher level courses and help with the student's independence. Covering animal care, countryside management, farming, conservation and horticulture, students will be continually supported on their learning journey. The personalised programme also includes English maths and ICT.
This programme is designed to give the opportunity to have a wide range of learning experiences within the animal environment including community projects.
Units of learning will also include:
- Feed farm animals
- Recognise parts of the body of small animals and their functions
- Assist with cleaning housing for small animals
- Recognise types of animal housing for small animals
- Recognise types of food and feed for small animals
- Prepare and plant an area
- Plant an area to attract wildlife
- Make a round posy arrangement
- Recognise trees and plants
- Recognise, use and care for tools in conservation
- Recognise the body parts of poultry and their function
- Recognise farm animals Provide food and water for poultry
- Recognise, use and care for tools in horticulture
- Working towards goals
- Working as part of a group
- Community action Identify hazards in familiar settings
- Make a familiar journey
- Improve personal manner and conduct
- Functional Skills: Maths and English
Applicants should demonstrate an interest in the curriculum area and have achieved Entry Level 1 Maths and Entry Level 1 English.
Successful students can progress within the Foundation Learning Programme, from Entry Level 2 to Entry Level 3 and have the opportunity to specialise within an area that they enjoy. Alternatively, they can explore employment or supported employment opportunities within the industry.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.