Engineering BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at Herefordshire & Ludlow College
This course will broaden your horizons and future options. Our modern engineering workshop facilities, classrooms and recently developed Computer Aided Design (CAD) suites offer an excellent learning environment for supported hands-on training as well as academic study.
Upon successful completion, you may decide to apply for a degree course, start your career or join an apprenticeship in various engineering disciplines including; mechanical, manufacturing, aerospace, design, automotive or electronic. From intricate electronic devices to the massive structures of North Sea oil rigs, the skills and expertise of engineers have never been more evident or more widely sought after.
Herefordshire is home to a variety of technological activities, such as food processing, metal and plastic forming, vehicle component manufacture and scientific instrument making. Viewed nationally, a vast number of industrial and commercial ventures rely heavily on engineering skills and expertise.
You will cover a diverse range of topics throughout your course. A selection of unit titles is shown below.
- Mechanical and Electrical Principles
- Computer Aided Design
- Engineering Science
- Fluid Mechanics
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above (to include maths and English) or equivalent successful completion of a suitable and relevant Level 2 qualification (e.g. Level 2 Diploma in Engineering at Merit or above)
- Successful interview and initial assessment in literacy and numeracy
- Applicants will be expected to demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the chosen subject area
Assessment is continuous, with assignments, projects and practical work
Study options may include:
- HNC/HND or Degree in an Engineering Discipline
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering
- Engineering Degrees
Employment options may include:
- Engineering Project Manager
- Engineering Design and Manufacture
- Mechanical Engineer
- Electronics/Telecoms Engineer
Maths and English
All students following a full-time programme of study at HLC will study English and maths as part of their studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Herefordshire & Ludlow College directly.