Level 2 Adult Health & Social Care Apprenticeship at Leeds City College
The Health and Social Care framework covers care workers, personal assistants, domiciliary care workers community, support and outreach workers, supervisors, senior care workers in adult social care and for example healthcare assistants or clinical support workers in the health sector.
It's suitable for those working in the NHS, with private health care or social care providers, local authorities and voluntary organisations.
In order to achieve a full apprenticeship you must successfully complete the different parts of the framework over 12 to 15 months.
Competence qualification on this pathway:
Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England (QCF)
Knowledge qualification on this pathway:
Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care (QCF)
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Implement person-centred approaches in health and social care
- Contribute to health and safety in health and social care
- Handle information in health and social care settings
The Optional units are chosen by the employer to reflect your job role
Functional Skills qualifications
- Level 1 Functional Skill in English
- Level 1 Functional Skill in Maths
Employee Rights and Responsibilities
All apprentices must be employed and working in a role that meets the competence requirements of the framework. A rigorous recruitment and selections process is carried out to ensure that the aspiring apprentices are suited to enduring this exciting and challenging route of study. GCSE grade A-C in English and Maths would be an advantage. However if you cannot provide evidence of this then you will be required to sit an online assessment test.
A wide range of assessment methods are used in the workplace. Evidence reflects how you have carried out the process relating to your competence.
For example: The process that you carry out could be recorded in an observation or witness testimony. Products relating to your competence could be minutes of a meeting, e mails, letters, photos and health and safety checks.
Different forms of questioning are carried out on an on-going part of the assessment process.
Search and apply online for our current vacancies http://leedscitycollege.justapply.uk
Contact us on: T: 0113 216 2337 / 0113 308 7918
You could progress onto: Clinical Healthcare Support (Level 3) Apprenticeship Health & Social Care - Adults (Level 3) Apprenticeship
Our apprenticeship routes are changing throughout the year, stay up to date online
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.