TV and Film Level 3 at Gateshead College
This programme offers a foundation for a range of careers in the media industry. We work with you to develop practical TV and video production skills and professional practices.
During the course learners will work with local charities and community clients on ‘live’ commissions. We've a great track record of producing high quality commissions for our clients and some have been used by regional and national broadcasters. There’s no substitute for working to real commercial pressures.
The emphasis of the course is on production. This will include production of music videos, narrative led pieces, factual programme and advertising production. Students will also get the opportunity to produce a 5 minute film on a topic of their choice.
This course is ideal if you want to gain skills in
- HD camera work
- production sound
- video and audio editing
- film studies
- and advertising production.
You will develop skills in the three stages of production and learn the essential process to create a range of media products.
- We need enthusiastic creative students who love the moving image and want to translate that love into products that will stir an emotional response from their audience.
- This course is Level 3 - you will need to have the equivalent of at least four GCSEs at grade C or above - preferably including English and maths.
- For vocational programmes, it would help to have a relevant qualification at Level 2 or appropriate experience.
- Continuous assessment using class based assignments and portfolio of evidence
- The courrse is assessed by a range of assignments including research activity, presentations and group tasks.
- There are no final exams.
Media skills are used in a wide variety of careers and it is not just about broadcast TV. Media graduates go on to work in corporate video, advertising, public relations, web design, events management, theatre, working on art installation and other careers where communication skills play a major role.
The course also acts as a pathway into Higher Education with the Extended Diploma being equivalent to 3 A levels.
Fast-track to an apprenticeship
If you can’t find the right apprenticeship vacancy or you want to do some studying first - no problem. You can start on a vocational study programme then once you’re ready and a vacancy becomes available, we’ll help you transfer on to an apprenticeship.
With Gateshead fast becoming the UK hub for digital companies, we've teamed up with some of the best creative organisations in the North East to make sure the courses we offer give you the skills you need to get the job you want.
Based at Baltic Campus, you'll have access to state-of-the-art facilities with cutting edge subject knowledge from lecturers that really know their stuff following years of experience working in the industry.
You'll get the chance to follow professional briefs and complete commercial projects using all the latest equipment and software packages.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gateshead College directly.