Physics A Level at Highlands School
You will gain an appreciation of how scientific models are developed and evolved, the applications and implications of science, the benefits and risks that science brings and the ways in which society uses science to make decisions.
3 units at AS Level, including:
- Unit 1 Physics on the go
- Unit 2 Physics at work
- Unit 3 Practical Skills
3 units at A2, including:
- Unit 4 Physics on the move
- Unit 5 Creation to Collapse
- Unit 6 Investigative and practical skills
Grade B or better in GCSE Additional Science or Physics
Units 1, 2, 4 & 5 are externally assessed written examination papers. Units 3 & 6 are internally assessed practical/investigation work.
You could use physics to support other qualifications or move on to further studies or employment, including:
- Degree course such as Physics, the Sciences, Medicine, Metrology, Engineering (including Chemical Engineering) and related programmes
- Employment in the area of, for example, radiography or biotechnology.
A Level Mathematics is strongly recommended in combination with Physics.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Highlands School directly.