Land-Based Technology City & Guilds (NPTC) Subsidiary Diploma Level 3 at Duchy College
Ideal if: you would like a career in land-based engineering
You'll need: four GCSEs at grade C or above including English and mathematics, or an equivalent qualification
You'll learn: the practical skills, working principles, maintenance and testing of land-based mahinery, including installation, health and safety, servicing and repair
Expect: to be continually assessed throughout your course
You'll love: immersing yourself in hands-on training
You'll go onto: employment or further studies or apprenticeship at level 3
You will complete seven units from a selection of thirty. A typical combination may include:
- Service and Repair Engines and Components,
- Understand Health, Safety and Welfare,
- Service and Repair Hydraulic Systems and Components,
- Inspect and Test Landbased Machinery and Equipment,
- Monitor the Handover and Installation of Landbased Equipment,
- Understanding and Working with Groundcare Equipment,
- Welding and Cutting Processes.
You are required to keep a record of their research and test results.
You will normally have completed an appropriate level 2 engineering qualification or hold GCSE grade C in science, maths and English.
You may continue in full time study, completing the Diploma and Extended Diploma, then eventually progress into higher education. Alternatively you may seek employment as a service engineering apprentice where they will be assessed on the Level 3 Workbased Diploma in Landbased Engineering Operations.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Duchy College directly.