VRQ Level 2 Certificate in Barbering at The Canterbury Academy
This course is portfolio based work with assessments through observations. It covers men’s cutting and styling and facial beard shaping, both practically and theoretically.
The course covers the following areas:
- Health and safety in the salon
- Client consultation
- Cutting men’s hair
- Styling men’s hair
- Cutting and shaping men’s facial hair
There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, an interview is required to check commitment and dedication for the subject. It is essential that students have a passion for hair.
This subject is assessed through portfolio and observations, both practically and theoretically.
Students can progress onto the following areas:
- Level 3 Barbering
- After Level 3 students can progress onto becoming an assessor
- A career in men’s hairdressing
- A career into ladies’ hairdressing
- Competition work – both locally and nationally
With experience students can eventually progress onto becoming a salon owner.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.