LEVEL 3 SUBSIDIARY DIPLOMA IN ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIES (PRODUCT DESIGN) at Selby College
This one-year course is designed to allow you to gain a good grounding and develop skills that are required by industries within the Engineering Design sector.
The course is particularly suitable for you if:
- You wish to become a Design Engineer.
- You are thinking about Design Engineering as a career but would like some experience of the job role first, or wish to learn new skills.
Subsidiary Diploma Units:
- Engineering and Environmental Health and Safety
- Mechanical Engineering Principles
- Engineering Mathematics
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) Techniques
- Engineering Communications
Performing Engineering Operations Units:
- Working Safely in an Engineering Environment
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in Engineering
- Using and Communicating Technical Information
- Preparing and Proving CNC Fabrication Machine Tool Programmes
- Producing CAD Models using a CAD System
- Producing Components by Rapid Prototyping Techniques
In addition, you will be expected to successfully complete a one-week work placement.
Standard Level 3 entry requirements apply. For this course you will also have GCSE at Grade 4 or above in Science, Maths and English.
60% Coursework, 40% Exam
On successful completion, you will be ideally placed to enter employment in one of the sectors and study for an Apprenticeship in your chosen field.
This can also lead to students progressing to a range of Higher Education courses, including HND offered at Selby College.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.