Engineering Level 2 BTEC Diploma at Newham College of Further Education
You will be introduced to a range of engineering aspects such as interpreting and using engineering information, marking out techniques, machining processes, electronic circuit construction and computer aided drawing techniques. You will also have the opportunity to undertake a functional skill if you do not already hold this qualification. There will be a focus on working safely while developing your practical skills and knowledge of the tools, equipment, principles and processes used in the engineering industry.
You will need one of the following qualifications:
- 5 GCSEs passes at grades D-G with English and Maths at grade D or E or Key Skills in applied communications and applied numeracy at level 1
- An international equivalent - determined by qualified guidance staff within admissions
- A level 1 course in engineering with Key Skills in applied communications or applied numeracy
- A Progression Employability Framework Diploma at level 1 related to engineering and including the National Basic Skills Test
- A prerequisite professional qualification
A number of options will become available to you, when you successfully complete this course. You could go on to enrol for a BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Engineering, or an EAL Level 3 Diploma in Engineering Technology. You could even gain employment at craft level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Newham College of Further Education directly.