Spa Therapy (Level 3) Advanced Apprenticeship at Central College Nottingham
This course is for you if you would like a career in Spa Therapy.
You will study the following:
- Monitor Procedures to Safely Control Work Operations
- Provide Body Massage Treatments
- Provide Stone Therapy Treatments
- Promote Additional Services / Products to Customers
- Monitor Clients and the Operation of Sauna, Steam and Hydrotherapy Treatments
- Provide Body Wrapping and Flotation Treatments
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
You will need 4 GCSEs at grades A* to D including English Language or equivalent qualifications. For the general route students must have an NVQ / VRQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy.
There is continuous assessment of each unit. You will need to present evidence of competence via practical assessments and production of a personal portfolio of evidence.
You can continue with further study on one of the following:
- Higher Education
- Part-time Beauty Therapy related courses
You will be required to purchase a kit for the course. Kit costs for the Spa Therapies route are yet to be confirmed.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.