French/German A Level at Saltash.net Community School
AS and A Level Languages introduce learners to advanced language studies and provide an engaging and inviting opportunity for learners to build on their previous studies. Through social, intellectual and cultural themes learners will be able to develop their linguistic knowledge and cultural understanding of the countries/ communities where the languages are spoken. A strong focus is placed on building learners’ confidence and fluency in spoken language using relevant and topical themes. We offer all learners the opportunity to spend a fortnight in France/Germany with native speaker families
You will study
- French/German language and society through a variety of authentic, contemporary sources including our wireless language lab, films, novels, TV and radio programmes).
- A wide range of topics (e.g. cinema, literature, politics, history and other contemporary issues).
- We revisit all aspects of grammar in order to ensure that all learners are confident in this vital area.
You will learn to
Through learning a language you will grow in confidence while improving your fluency and command of the language. You will become a better problem solver through learning to think analytically, imaginatively and creatively. Initiating and sustaining discussion will form a part of most lessons.
At least grade C at GCSE in the chosen language.
- 1 Listening, Reading and Writing including study of a film
- 1 Speaking exam.
- 1 Listening, Reading and Writing including one study of a film and one study of a book.
- 1 Speaking exam including presentation of independent research project.
A person who has an advanced command of a foreign language has a distinct advantage in the job market. Students can proceed to university to study French/German, to study new languages or combine the study of a foreign language with other disciplines (e.g. Law, Business, Science, Engineering, Computing, Art & Design).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Saltash.net Community School directly.