Sport - OCR Level 3 National Certificate at St Peter's School, Huntingdon
Come to St Peter's School for an exciting, practical Sport course that will prepare you for a career in the sporting sector.
- Develop your leadership skills and confidence by taking part in Sport Leadership.
- You will also complete the: Level 2 Sport Leaders Award in the community Sport Leadership course to enhance your leadership skills.
The OCR Level 3 National Certificate in Sport course has been developed to recognise learners' skills, knowledge and understanding of sporting activities, environments and operations.
The learners carry out a range of tasks that have been designed to recognise their achievements in a modern, practical way that is relevant to the workplace.
These qualifications specifically aim to
- Develop learners knowledge and understanding of the sport sector and the chosen specialist route if selected.
- Develop learners skills, knowledge and understanding in contexts that are directly relevant to employment situations, thereby enhancing their employability within the sport sector.
- Develop learners ability to work autonomously and effectively in a sporting context
- Enable learners to develop knowledge, understanding and skills in specialist areas of sport provision, sport development and sport performance.
- Encourage progression by assisting in the development of skills, knowledge and understanding which learners will need to access further or high education programmes or occupational training on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Encourage progression by assisting in the development of skills, knowledge and understanding which learners will need to enter employment, or enhance their current employment status.
- Promote interaction between employers, centres and learners by relating teaching and assessment to real settings.
- Learn about how the world of sport works
- Develop skills, knowledge and understanding that will enable you to progress
- Keep you options open - you can carry on with sport or do other things
You must complete 6 units overall. You must pass all 6 units to gain a PASS, MERIT OR DISTINCTION.
Some of the units covered are:
- The Sports Industry
- Sport and Society
- Principles of Sport Coaching
- Sport in the UK
- Analyse and improve performance
- Advanced Sport Leadership
You will take part in a number of Sport Festivals and lead younger students.
- You will actively be involved in PE lessons, helping and supporting staff.
- You will assist in the leading of Sports Day and Guild Events and will be seen as a senior Sport Leader at St Peters School.
- 5 GCSEs at A*-C.
- It would be beneficial to have the OCR Level 2 National Award in Sport or the OCR level 2 National Certificate in Sport but these qualifications are not essential.
All units are centre-assessed and externally moderated by OCR.
There are no timetabled exams for this qualification; candidates may complete units at a time that suits the centre.
The full award and units from this qualification are graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction.
- The OCR Level 3 National Certificate in sport is equivalent to one full GCE A level
- Distinction - equivalent to grade A
- Merit - equivalent to halfway between grade B and grade C
- Pass - equivalent to halfway between grade D and grade E
There are no costs for this course however you might need to fund sporting trips if applicable.
The qualifications are designed to enable candidates to enter employment at operative or trainee level within a wide range of sport environments.
Such candidates would normally enter employment through a work related training programme. The qualifications have been designed to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding required to enable progression to further qualifications.
You must be an enthusiastic individual who is prepared to work hard.
You need to
- have an interest in sport and be a team player.
Also if you love sport and would like to make a career of it - whether you see yourself as a sporting professional, working in the sports industry or any other sport related area - then the OCR Level 3 National Certificate in Sport will set you on the right track.
If you want any information, please contact St Peter's School on: email@example.com
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Peter's School, Huntingdon directly.