ICT AS & A Level at NewVIc
ICT (information and communication technology) will teach you how computer systems fit into organisations and how they need to be developed, administered and managed. You will develop problem-solving skills, learn about social and ethical issues, including how to keep information private. Gain technical background knowledge to support your study of the running of IT systems and the use of systems in e-commerce.
The course will focus on:
- practical problem-solving in the digital world
- ICT systems: how they are managed and the impact of ICT
- practical issues involved in the use of ICT in the digital world
- develop the understanding that technology is a tool, and how it improves everyone’s lives
- improve your research skills
- enhance your ability to understand complex concepts
- improve your problem-solving skills
Five or more A*-C grades at GCSE, including English Language and Mathematics (grades 9-5).
You will be assessed through examinations each year and a coursework component in year two.
A variety of options will be open to you after completing this subject, including further study at degree level and careers in business and IT Industries. Combined with mathematics and science, it will support applications for a number of computer-based university degrees.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NewVIc directly.