Geography - A Level at Bourne Academy
Geography is an exciting subject at Post 16 Level. This course provides a great opportunity to study the key challenges facing the world today. At both AS and A2 level, you will investigate issues of relevance to you, both now and in the future. As well as taught sections, you will be able to develop and apply investigative skills, including a residential visit to the Peak District National Park during Year 12.
Geography's use of facts, figures, maps, ideas, views and values makes it ideal for decision making at work. Geographers go into:
• Education, professional and social services eg teaching, social work, law;
• Environmental management eg National Trust, forestry, environmental health;
• Information Services, eg library, census officer and systems analyst;
• Business and finance, eg insurance, market research, banking;
• Management & administration, eg estate agent, civil service, sport management;
• Leisure, travel and tourism, eg National Park ranger, travel agent;
• Scientific services, eg hydrologist, surveyor and cartographer.
Geography fits in well with almost any A Level combination and is also a highly regarded subject for university entry.
GCSE C or above in Geography
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bourne Academy directly.