BTEC Public Services Level 2 at Hope Academy
This programme of study is made up of Core and Mandatory units which include; Public Service Skills, Employment in the Uniformed/Non-uniformed Public Services, Career Planning and Improving Health and Fitness.
There are also an additional 13 unit titles to choose from dependent upon which certification is taken.
This is a Level 2 qualification and is equivalent to 4 GCSE’s (A*-C), to achieve this you must obtain 60 credits. There is the possibility to only study for a B-TEC Level 2 Extended Certificate, which is equivalent to 2 GCSE’s (A*-C), to achieve this you must obtain 30 credits or Certificate only which is equivalent to 1 GCSE (A*-C)
Learning will be assessed by written assignments and practical assignments. There are no external examinations.
- This qualification provides an introduction to public service fitness and information on how to improve lifestyle with a view to joining the services or improving general wellbeing.
- Students will gain an introduction to public service skills and learn about a range of public services and what it means to be a member of a team. They will be introduced to useful life skills that the public services expect to teach and gain an understanding of the fitness and lifestyle required for a career in public services.
- Students who successfully complete this course will gain a good grounding for entry into the army, navy, air force, police, fire or ambulance services.
- Directly into chosen Public Services (assuming eligibility criteria, e.g. age).
- This course provides a suitable foundation for further study within the sector such as Level 3 BTEC Nationals in Public Services.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hope Academy directly.