Gardening Level 2 Diploma at Bath College
Do you have green fingers? This course has been designed to build the skills and knowledge that will equip you to work in the gardening industry. You will learn how to plan a garden, select the plants, prepare the soil, plant trees and shrubs, sow seed, maintain and manage plants, protect them from pests, diseases and weeds and how to use gardening machinery. All work is carried out following organic and sustainable principles whenever appropriate.
- Establishing and maintaining plants outdoors
- Undertaking work-related experience in the land-based industries
- Understanding the basic principles of plant science
- Understanding the basic principles of soil science
- Participating in Propagation Techniques
- Introduction to land-based machinery operations
- Understanding the Principles of Garden History
- Contributing to Fruit and Vegetable Cultivation
- Introduction to plant selection
Four full GCSEs at grade D or above, including maths and English language; or a Level 1 Diploma.
Assessment by a mix of practical assessments and written assignments.
Progress to Level 3 Diploma in Gardening, or a level 2 or 3 work-based diploma
Go on to employment in the Amenity Horticulture sector. e.g. landscaper, parks operative, garden design and maintenance, garden centres
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.