Mathematics - AS/A Level at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like to develop your mathematic skills at an advanced level? This course develops your understanding of maths, both the underlying concepts and the advanced implications. It will enhance your interest in the subject and its wider applications, allowing you to excel. It will also provide skills that are invaluable for many Higher Education courses, and can lead to careers in engineering, accounting, teaching, computing and many other areas.
The course can be taken as part of a full-time programme of study in conjunction with other AS subjects, or possibly with other Level 3 qualifications. Physics combines particularly well with maths, but our staff will be happy to help you put together a programme most suited to your needs.
This course is delivered as follows:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment).
- 5 GCSEs grade C or above to include English or Welsh (1st language) and at least grade B in Mathematics (Higher Tier). NOTE: Foundation Tier Mathematics not acceptable. Specific additional entry requirements will be discussed with you at interview.
- Entry onto the full A Level is based on your performance at AS Level
- The course is best suited to students who prefer a steady workload, and are willing to practise learnt techniques between lessons.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
This course is assessed through a range of activities these can include:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portffolios of work
- Performance and observation
Whether you study the full A Level or just the AS Level, the course adds to your qualifications and helps you to progress. You will gain UCAS points and be able to apply for a range of Higher Education courses at many institutions. This includes degrees in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, and other subjects.
- University level course such as a Foundation or Honours Degree
- Continue with studies with a work-based qualification at the college
Programme code: 0014C03B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.