Supporting Teaching and Learning In Schools City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate at Appleby Grammar School
This qualification is for learners who want to work as Teaching Assistants in schools. Students will undertake a one day per week work experience placement in a school environment. This qualification provides an ideal basis from which to progress to the Level 3 Diploma for Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools.
- Child and young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Schools as organisations
- Help improve own and team practice in schools
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Support children and young people’s health and safety
- Support children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Support learning activities
Four GCSE’s at Grade A*-E. this will ideally include passes at Grade 4 or above in Mathematics and English for this qualification. However consideration will be given to those who are re-sitting their GCSE qualifications in Mathematics and English.
Students can progress into employment in schools. It is recommended that students consider progression to the Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Appleby Grammar School directly.