Electronic Engineering BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma & Extended Diploma at NewVIc
This course will focus on developing knowledge in electrical and electronic applications, analysing problems, designing and implementing solutions. It also provides in-depth knowledge of Microelectronics, Analogue Electronics, and Digital Electronic Systems.
The course will focus on:
- technical communications
- electrical and electronic principles and projects
- Analogue and Digital Electronics
- electronic measurement and testing
- circuit design and manufacture
On the course you will:
- develop your research skills
- advance your technical knowledge
- design and create your own electrical and electronic solutions
- develop your mathematical skills
- complete a project on a related topic of your choice
Four or more GCSEs at grades A*-C, including Mathematics (grade 9-5). Students currently taking an intermediate vocational course will need a full Level 2 Subsidiary Diploma with Merit in a related subject, a grade 5 in Mathematics and a grade C in one other subject.
Assessment is through internally assessed assignments.
On completion of the course, you will be able to choose from a number of options, including going to university to study Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Communications Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering or Business-related degrees. You could also seek employment as a Technician, Trainee Manager or Junior Engineer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NewVIc directly.