Design and Technology - Health and Social Care A level at Tupton Hall School
In Year 12 you will study the following units:
- Unit 1: Promoting quality care assessed through external examination.
- Unit 2: Communication in the care setting assessed through portfolio.
- Unit 3: Promoting good health assessed through portfolio.
In Year 13 you will study the following units:
- Unit 10: Care practice and provision assessed through portfolio.
- Unit 12: Social Trends assessed through external examination.
- ·Unit 16: Research methods in health and social car assessed through portfolio.
A GCSE in Health and Social Care or Child Development would be helpful, but not essential. Good GCSE grades are essential and you would be seeking employment or training in the care industry, education, nursing or health related occupations.
Some units are assessed through external examinations and the rest are through portfolio work, which is moderated by the examination board (OCR).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Tupton Hall School directly.