Horticulture (Landscape Construction) Apprenticeship Intermediate Level at Guildford College
This Apprenticeship is suitable for anyone who enjoys working outside and is already working in the industry and wants to gain a recognised landscaping qualification, whilst being employed.
At Merrist Wood we have over forty years experience in providing specialist training in landscape construction and amenity horticulture.
Practical work is carried out in our dedicated landscape workshops, two of which are fully equipped for the modern landscaper. The college grounds are extensive and tuition is provided by skilled and experienced tutors with close industry links.
This course covers the basic principles of hard landscape construction including fencing, paving and brickwork.
You will also be instructed in the safe use of landscape machinery.
- 1 day first aid course
- Technical certificate in the safe use of abrasive wheels
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Functional skills in literacy and numeracy
Compulsory units include:
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety
- Maintain and develop effective working relationships with others
- Levelling and preparing sites for landscaping
- Preparing ground for seeding and planting
- Use and maintain non-powered and hand held powered tools and equipment
- Clearing horticulture and landscape sites
Students will also study from a selection of optional units.
You must be in relevant employment. Good GCSEs are an advantage.
Continuous assessment throughout the course at College and in the workplace, portfolio of evidence and exams.
You could move onto an Advanced Apprenticeship or other higher level related courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Guildford College directly.