Dance A Level at St Angela's Ursuline School
This qualification is linear. Linear means that students will sit all their exams and submit all their non-exam assessment at the end of the course.
Performance & Choreography
- Solo performance linked to a specific practitioner within an area of study
- Performance in a quartet
- Group choreography How it’s assessed
- Practical exam
- 80 marks
- 50% of A-level
- Knowledge, understanding and critical appreciation of a compulsory set work and its location within a corresponding area of study.
- Knowledge, understanding and critical appreciation of one optional set work and its location within a corresponding area of study.
It is desirable that students should have at least GCSE grade B in dance and be attending technique classes or be part of a performance group
- Written exam: 2 hours 30 minutes
- 100 marks
- 50% of A-level
A Level Dance is suitable for anyone wanting to pursue the arts or dance at University and or a Dance Conservatoire, or as support for any course requiring good communication and group work skills. In addition to undertaking a degree in performing, choreographing and teaching, this course might lead you to such diverse careers as dance therapy or journalism.
So, if you dream of making a living from your passion for dance, it really is possible. This course will be a constant pleasure but is also has a vision…and that is to be the first step in a career for you that includes dance.
The practical examination is set by AQA and marked by a visiting examiner.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Angela's Ursuline School directly.