Sports Studies Level 2 Diploma at Milton Keynes College
Have you always wanted to work within the sports industry? Do you have a passion for sport? Have you ever wanted to coach others? Then this broad based sports course will be ideal for you and prepare you for studying at Level 3.
- Planning and leading sports activities
- Sport and leisure facility operations
- Anatomy and physiology for sport
- Business skills in sport
- Technical skills and tactical awareness for sport
- Psychology for sports performance
- Planning and running a sports event
- Injuries in sport
- Understanding how to manage own career in sport
In addition you will study Functional Skills or GCSE qualifications which are designed to provide the necessary levels of English and maths skills needed to ‘function’ in today’s society and workplace. They are a key component of all College programmes.
- 5 GCSEs A-D including English
- Successful completion of Level 1 Preparing for employment in Active Industries
- An excellent reference
You will be continually assessed throughout the course through set project work. You will also up-skill in English and maths through completing various assessments and/or and end of unit exam.
On successful completion of the course you can progress to one of the following:
- BTEC Level 3 Sport and Exercise Science: Gateway to Higher Education
- Level 3 Practical Steps for Entry to Employment in Sports Industries.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.