Applied Sport (Double) at Wickersley School and Sports College
This subject will be offered in Option Blocks B and C only as a Double Option.
The diploma suite is equivalent to two A levels and can be studied alongside other A levels. Designed in collaboration with experts spanning the breadth of the sector, the Cambridge Technicals in Sport and Physical Activity focuses on the skills, knowledge and understanding that today’s universities and employers demand.
- Body systems – Exam
- Sports injuries and rehabilitation
- Sports organisation and development – Exam
- Sports coaching and activity leadership
- Practical skills in sport and physical activity
- Health and fitness testing for sport and physical activity
- Working Safely in sport and exercise – Exam
- Organisation of Sports Events
- Sport and exercise psychology
- Performance analysis in sport and exercise
- Physical activity for specific groups
5 A* - C GCSEs or Equivalent
For the diploma suite, you will be assessed by exams and coursework. There are 11 units of work, 3 exam units and 8 coursework units.
These qualifications aim to develop students’ knowledge, understanding and skills of the essentials of Sport and Physical Activity. The course accumulates points towards university application in courses such as; Sports Coaching, Sport and Exercise Science, Sport and Physical Activity, Sports development, Physical Education.
Please consult our Option Blocks before making your selection.
To find out more about this qualification, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.