IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals Apprenticeship Level 2 at Red Tape Central
Training is ideal for apprentices starting a career in IT, Web & Software.
Monitoring website content and editing and uploading material as required. Setting up new equipment or upgrading existing systems. Working with customers to identify, troubleshoot and escalate IT faults. Travel to customer sites to install, connect, maintain, test and repair equipment & services.
The Level 2 apprenticeship is ideal for those looking to work as, or starting out as, a systems analyst, system support technician, web designer or software developer.
This qualification comprises mandatory units and a wide range of optional units selected to meet national occupational standards or specific vendor requirements:
- Designing and creating spreadsheets
- Designing and creating databases
- Using the Internet for finding, selecting and sending information
- Designing and creating presentations
- Using word processing software
- Designing and creating multi-page documents
- Spreadsheet processing techniques
- Practical data processing
- Desktop publishing
- Computerised accounts
- Using E-mail and the Internet
- Visual presentations
Final selection of modules made with the agreement of the employer to ensure qualification is tailored to the role.
Maths and English grade D/5+ or above
Assessment will also take place in the workplace and could include:
- Multiple choice examination
- Portfolio of evidence
- Practical demonstration/Assignment
- Task-based controlled assessment.
Method of Delivery: Classroom based learning
This apprenticeship can help you to progress in a wide range of ICT roles including:
- Database administrator
- Internet/Web professional
- IT Product developer
- IT Technical sales specialist
- IT Trainer
- Multimedia designer
- Network manager
- Office equipment service technician
- Software developer/Programmer
- Systems analyst
- Telecommunications technician.
For further information please contact;
Sheffield City Council
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.