Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship Level 2 at City College Coventry
If you are interested in becoming a Painter and Decorator, then a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Painting and Decorating may be just the course for you.
As a Painter and Decorator you will be working on a construction site or in domestic or commercial premises. You will be given specifications to work to such as preparing background surfaces for painting and applying paint by brush and roller and standard wall coverings.
- Apply paint systems by brush and roller
- Apply standard papers to ceilings and walls
- Apply water-borne paint systems using high volume low pressure (HVLP) spray equipment
- Erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Knowledge of construction technology
- Knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others
- Prepare surfaces for decoration
- Produce specialist decorative finishes
You need to be employed in a relevant role to join an Apprenticeship programme plus:
4 GCSEs Grade D or above, including English & maths
or a relevant Level 1 qualification combined with GCSE/Level 1 English & maths
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Coventry directly.