Diploma in Retail -Study Programme at Independent Training College
These qualifications cover all the essential skills and knowledge needed for working in a wide range of roles within the retail sector. They are available to help learners find their first job and progress in their career.
On this course you will learn Retail skills which include,arranging products, promoting products, retail law, stock work and health and safety. The course is designed to meet very specific individual needs making it ideal for students who may have learning difficulties of any kind. You will also work at improving your Functional Skills in English, maths and IT. Experience of life skills such as teamwork, time management and use of leisure time will also be covered
There are no formal entry requirements but if you are in Year 11 at school you will be expected to complete the year and take any exams you are entered for to give you the best start for your course at college. We will also ask you to complete an assessment of your maths and English skills at interview to ensure that the course is the right one for you.
Practical Assessment and Coursework
Entitlement to Bursary You may also be entitled to additional bursary payments. On your first day, please bring with you proof of your household income (parents income if you live with them) so that we can assess your eligibility for this.
• Letter confirming income from the following benefits (this must be dated within the last three months): Income Support/, Income-based Employment Support Allowance, Universal Credit letter, Working Tax Credit or any other benefits.
• Proof of earned income (3 monthly wage slips or last 6 weekly wage slips or 4 fortnightly wage slips or P60)
• Self-employed earnings with no additional benefits (audited accounts or official tax return. If any of the following apply to you, you may also be entitled to additional support. Please bring any proof that you may have to confirm your situation.
• You are 16-19 and in receipt of Income Support or Universal Credit
• You are looked after by the Local Authority
• You are a Care Leaver
• You are a disabled student in receipt ESA and DLA or Personal Independence payments (PIP) We will be happy to reimburse travel costs on this occasion. Please make sure that you retain your bus/travel ticket to claim back the day expenses. If you have any queries regarding the above please contact Business Development via reception desk on the above telephone number or free phone 0800 3289220.
Job Prospects - Customer Service Assistant, Customer Advisor - Hotels, supermarkets, conference centres, banks, etc.
To find out more please contact us on 01226 295471, visit our website - www.ind-training.co.uk or speak to your school advisor.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Independent Training College directly.