Theatrical Special Effects Hair and Media Make-up Level 3 at South Essex College
This course is for those interested in advanced hair and make-up techniques in preparation for a career as a make-up artist in film, television, stage, display and other media purposes.
System ref: #34822
You will study areas including:
- Apply media make-up
- Apply camouflage make-up
- Apply fashion and photographic make-up
- Apply airbrush make-up
- Create, cast and apply prosthetics pieces and bald caps
- Client care and health and safety
- Style and fit postiches
- Hair and Media Make-up Level 2 Diploma and maths and English at level 1
- successful attendance at interview event and satisfactory references
- you will need to purchase your own equipment at an additional cost, including salon wear, theatrical make-up kit, textbooks and consumables
Your work will be assessed by a mixture of coursework and practical assessments and multiple choice examinations.
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
After successful completion of the course you may progress to another Level 3 course, higher education, or seek suitable employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Essex College directly.