Customer Service (Intermediate Apprenticeship) at Solihull College & University Centre
The Customer Service Apprenticeship is aimed at helping individuals who are working or considering working in a customer facing role, to learn and develop the wide range of skills they need to provide the high quality service that customers and employers value and expect.
The valuable customer Service Skills and Knowledge required for working effectively in a customer focused environment.
You will also study a variety of personal learning and thinking skills which will assist you in developing a wealth of transferable skills, such as:
- Application of Numbers
- Employment rights and responsibilites
Applicants will need to have good communication skills, enjoy working with people and be committed to providing excellent customer service.
Details of previous work experience, prior achievement and the scope of an individual's job role enables learners to embark on the Apprenticeship best suited to their development needs.
Your allocated Assessor will assess you in the workplace using a variety of methods including observation, discussion, work products and questioning. You will also complete workbooks and online examinations.
Intermediate apprentices, with support and opportunities in the workplace, can progress onto:
- The Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Customer Service
- Other Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeships - particularly where customer service is an important part of the job such as Business & Administration, Retail, Hospitality and Travel & Tourism
- The Advanced (14 - 19), Diplomas in a range of related sectors, including Business, Administration and Finance, Public Services, Hospitality and Retail
- Further education to undertake customer service, business related or other qualifications.
With additional training, Intermediate apprentices may be able to progress in their careers to roles including:
- Customer relationship manager
- Customer service executive officer
- Customer service delivery co-coordinator
- Customer service team leader
- Customer service supervisors and managers
- Senior customer service advisers or a wide range of other Customer Service related roles.
You will receive support and guidance from your allocated Assessor throughout your Apprenticeship and will follow an Individual Learning Plan tailored to your own career aspirations.
Good levels of English and Maths are important for your success in your course, your chosen vocation and life. Throughout your course you will continue to develop your English and Maths skills in your vocational classes.
If you haven't achieved an A*/9 - C/4 grade in English or Maths at GCSE, or a Level 2 Functional Skill, you will also be working towards a qualification in English or Maths at a level that will enable you to progress towards these grades.
If you have a Learning Difficulty or Disability please let us know when you apply. You will be offered support in your interview. If you need help completing your application we can help with this too.
Solihull College offers full time and part time courses for businesses and residents in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Coventry Warwickshire and the whole of the West Midlands
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Solihull College & University Centre directly.