Pre Access and GCSE Programme at Buxton & Leek College
This course is for adults over ages 19 who are intending to study on our Access programme but who do not currently have the required entry qualification. The Pre Access course will provide an opportunity for developing studying and academic skills and confidence.
This course is suitable for those people have just missed out on achieving GCSEs and have obtained English and Maths at Grade D or have a functional skills qualification at Level 2.
Wish to return to study, develop basis academic skills and wishing to progress onto higher education in the future.
- While on the course you will study a range of subjects including English, maths, personal study skills, improving your spelling.
- Learn how to research and write academic essays and take part in group discussions and presentation skills
- It will enable you to be better prepared for progression and studying on the Access to Higher Education Diploma.
- Provides knowledge and skills for further progression and careers options.
- You will study GCSE Maths and English Language.
To apply for the course you will need to hold grade D in English and Maths or have a functional skills qualification at Level 2 and will sit a basic skills (Initial assessment) test to assess your current abilities.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Buxton & Leek College directly.