Advanced Professional Cookery (Kitchen and Larder) Level 3 Diploma at Weymouth College
This course is for those who want to progress their culinary skills to a higher professional level and builds on the knowledge already gained at level 2 Professional Cookery. You will develop advanced practical, theoretical and food service skills whilst working in the HIX Academy restaurant and kitchen. The qualification will enable you to gain the necessary knowledge and understanding to confidently enter the diverse and challenging industry of catering and hospitality.
This programme includes:
- Compulsory units include:
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Maintain health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Practical Gastronomy
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing vegetable and vegetarian dishes
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing meat dishes
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing poultry and game dishes
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing fish and shellfish dishes
You should have completed Level 2 Professional Cookery. Students will also be assessed on the results of a practical skills test.
You will be assessed for competency in each unit though the completion of assignments and practical tasks.
This course will provide you with the necessary skills to work within the industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Weymouth College directly.