Health And Social Care - Level 2 Diploma at Milton Keynes College
Do you enjoy meeting and helping people – often using practical skills? Are you able to communicate with, and care for others in a variety of ways? Do you have an interest in making a difference in the lives of children, young people or adults, people with disabilities, the sick or injured or people with problems?
If any of these sound like you, then you might be interested in a career in the health or social care sector and this course will prepare you for a range of jobs or further education.
The courses covers a variety of core and optional units chosen from the following:
- Human lifespan development
- Health and social care values
- Effective communication in health and social care
- Equality and diversity in health and social care
- Individual rights in health and social care
- Healthy living
- Carrying out a research project in health and social care
- Promoting health and wellbeing
- The impact of nutrition on health and wellbeing
- Community volunteering in health and social care
- Understanding disability.
You will need 4 GCSEs which includes Maths and English language /English one of which must be at a C grade and the other at a D grade plus 2 additional GCSEs at grade D or a BTEC Diploma/ Certificate.
The GCSE at a D grade must be re-sat during the 1 year course to enable progression to level 3.
There is continuous assessment through assignments and 2 written examination. Functional Skills are assessed by on-line exams and you will be given guidance and support to achieve these.
After successful completion of this course, you can progress on to:
- A Level 3 Extended National Diploma in Health and Social Care
- An Apprenticeship
- Employment in the care sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Milton Keynes College directly.