Food and Beverage Supervision Level 3 Diploma at Blackburn College
This course is a nationally recognised qualification gained in a realistic working environment, you will be working to standards which are required by employers within this industry. This course will demonstrate that you are competent to supervise in the various hospitality sectors.
Units you may be studying include:-
- Principles of supervising food and beverage service
- Principles of supervising customer care service performance in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism
- Legislation in food and beverage service
- Prepare and serve wine
- Provide advice to customers on food and beverage matching
- Supervise hospitality events Legal and social responsibilities of personal license holders (British Institute of Innkeeping)
- Barista skills
There will be a provision for you to study pre GCSE alongside this qualification where necessary to enable you to progress onto Higher Education should you wish.
To study on the Level 3 Diploma, you will need NVQ Level 2 Food and Beverage Service or an equivalent qualification. You will also need to have a strong work ethic and be able to manage people.
You will be assessed in the following methods:
- Projects and assignments
- Questioning (this could be verbal, written)
Once you have completed your Level 3 course, you will be able to apply to a range of Universities. Many students progress to University Centre at Blackburn College where 9 out of 10 graduates are in work or further study just six months after graduation.
Particular courses students progress on to include: Hospitality Management Foundation Degree FdA or Hospitality Management (Events Management) Foundation Degree FdA. Following your foundation degree you are able to progress on to a Top Up Year which means you can achieve a BA (Hons) qualification, validated by Lancaster University, in three years in total.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Blackburn College directly.