Uniformed Public Services BTEC Level 1 at Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
This one year course with extremely high standards is designed to provide a basic knowledge of various subjects relating to a range of Public Service sectors.
You must have a commitment to developing your own personality, be committed, enthusiastic, energetic and have a keen interest in developing skills and techniques that will help you improve your chances of selection and career progression within the armed forces, emergency services (police, fire, ambulance), security and prison services.
The study programme has three compulsory aspects:
- Public Service aspect: Units such as public service careers, expedition skills, teamwork.
- Literacy/Numeracy enhancement: You will take part in a personalised literacy and numeracy development programme.
- Employability programme: A range of activities that will enhance your chances of employment after the course.
- No formal qualifications are needed but an assessment in English and maths is required.
- Compulsory attendance at a Public Services Information Event.
- Applicants must also attend a taster day which is usually at the beginning of July.
Continual assessment throughout the year and a number of assignments both written and practical. Students are required to complete a portfolio containing evidence of assignments, practical performance, presentations, group exercises and discussions.
There will be an exam for the literacy and numeracy enhancement aspect of the course.
There will be a cost for uniform which is to be confirmed. All additional trips and visits must be paid for prior to the event. More information will be available at the course experience event.
Students who have a good student profile throughout the year may have the opportunity to progress on to our Level 2 study programme, whilst others may wish to apply to any of the Public Services.
What our current students say you need to be successful:
- Willingness to embrace new experiences
- Passion for learning
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bromley College of Further & Higher Education directly.