Travel Service Apprenticeship at Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work in a travel and tourism environment.
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation.
Qualifications and Units
As part of this Advanced Apprenticeship, the apprentices will complete the following qualifications:
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Travel Services & BTEC Level 2 certificate in Travel Services
- Functional Skills in Mathematics
- Functional Skills in English
- Functional Skills in Information Communication Technology (ICT)
Various delivery options - remotely, online or workshops
As part of the Apprenticeship, apprentices will also complete
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
These elements are included in either the day/block release workshops or the ‘on the job’ assessment.
There are no formal qualification entry requirements, but learners must complete Functional Skills qualifications (or equivalents) in order to successfully complete the framework.
Learners will be required to have a minimum of Entry Level 3 in English and Maths
To enrol onto this Advanced Apprenticeship, potential apprentices will need a contract of employment, working in a relevant electrical role for at least 30 hours a week and also be paid the National Apprenticeship minimum wage or above (£2.73 per hour).
There will be further opportunity to progress onto higher level and specialist professional qualifications for this industry.
Job roles suitable for: All travel agency staff and those working in the travel industry
Apprenticeships are now seen as valuable as degrees, combining both the practical skills and theoretical knowledge needed to succeed in the workplace and your chosen career. Some of the main benefits for apprentices include:
- Earn a salary
- Receive on the job training
- Gain a national recognised and industry standard qualification
- Learn job specific skills
- Get paid holidays
- Great prospects
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bromley College of Further & Higher Education directly.