Health & Social Care AS A2 at Kingsthorpe College
In the AS units you will learn about:
- Human Growth and Development - Unit 1
- Communication and Values - Unit 2
- Positive Care Environments - Unit 3
- Social Aspects and Lifestyle Choices - Unit 4
- Activities for Health and Wellbeing - Unit 5
- Public Health - Unit 6
In the A2 units you will learn about:
- Meeting Individual Needs - Unit 7
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing - Unit 8
- Investigating Disease - Unit 9
- Using and Understanding Research - Unit 10
- Social Issues and Welfare Needs - Unit 11
- Understanding Human Behaviour - Unit 12
A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above.
You will have a written examination in the form of a question and answer booklet in Units 1,4,7,12. Each examination will last one and a half hours.
For all other units you will be assessed by coursework.
You will enjoy this course if you would like to develop:
- a broad understanding of the sector
- skills as well as technical knowledge
- an awareness of particular groups and their needs by focusing on Health, Early Years (Care and Education), Care of Older People or Individuals with Specific Needs
The GCE in Health and Social Care qualifies for UCAS points so if you complete it successfully you could move on to study for a degree or BTEC Higher National Diploma in related subjects. You could also go on to relevant employment within health and social care services.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kingsthorpe College directly.