Art & Design Level 3 Extended Diploma at Somerset College
Students will have the option to choose one of two pathways; either the Level 3 Diploma in (Graphic Design, Photography & Media) or the Level 3 Diploma in Art and Design (Fine Art, 3D, Fashion & Textiles).
Develop your Art and Design skills in one of a number of specialist areas. This programme will enable you to develop your creative ‘spirit’ to its full potential.
In the first year you will cover the core units of:
- Visual recording in Art and Design
- Materials, techniques and processes in Art and Design
- Ideas and concepts in Art and Design
- Communication in Art and Design
- Contextual Influences
You will also develop professional skills for the creative industries by covering:
- Specialist contextual investigation
- Coaysuteus in Art and Design
- Application, Exploration and Realisation
In addition, you will also follow a specialist pathway of your choice to study in detail. The choice of pathways include:
- Fine Art
- Product Design
- Graphic Design
- Interactive Media
Your practical studio-based experience is enriched through a stimulating programme of visits. Previous years have included visits to New York, Venice, London, Oxford and St Ives, as well as the opportunity to talk with artists and designers.
- Five GCSEs at grades A* to C (Mathematics and English GCSEs are desirable) or a First Diploma in Design or equivalent.
- You will be invited to an interview.
- Portfolio of work.
This is through practical and written assignments, continuous assessment and external moderation. Your progress is monitored by tutorials and seminars
If you are thinking of progressing on to a degree, this course will help you decide which degree will be most suitable for your skills and interest. Many of our students progress internally on to a Foundation Degree or Honours Degree here at Somerset College.
Employment in related area.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Somerset College directly.