Music Practitioners: Performance Pathway Level 3 at QE Academy Trust
A career as a professional musician can be demanding and exciting. This is a highly practical course, in which you will learn about performing, arranging, song writing/composing and a wide range of different styles of music. Central to the course is developing your instrumental or vocal skills and using these in live performance, studios and recording.
1. The course includes four units of works, which are internally assessed. The units are: Music Rehearsal Skills: You will learn skills needed for effective rehearsal of a live performance
2. Auditioning for Music: You will develop the skills needed to participate effectively in the audition process;
3. Recorded Music Performance: You will develop the skills required to perform effectively in a recording studio environment, developing confidence, and professionalism. You will understand the processes behind performance for recording
4. Composing Lyrics: You will develop your skills in writing effective lyrics for your own composition as well as a pre‐composed one. You will develop an understanding of the key concepts of working to a brief.
At the end of Year 12 you will have completed an Extended Diploma, worth half a Subsidiary Diploma.
In Y13 you will build a portfolio of a further 45 credits which can be tailored to your musical interests, for example:
- Performing in a Live Show
- Producing a Music Video
- Understanding copyright
This course would suit you if you have at least a Grade C in GCSE Music, a BTEC level 2 in music or, if you attend instrumental lessons with a specialist teacher. If you have not taken any formal Music qualifications but have a passion for the subject you can still be considered for the course. You need to be able to perform to a high standard both as a soloist and in an ensemble, be able to keep diaries, analyse personal aims, accept feedback and draw conclusions. You will need to be able to work independently, be able to communicate effectively and be incredibly motivated and organised.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact QE Academy Trust directly.